Thursday, July 07, 2011

did you hear the one about the dominatrix...

Did you hear the one about the dominatrix who had her first bra fitting?

Or rather, have you read Mistress Matisse's blog post on the subject?

As a woman who only ever gets expert assistance when buying a bra (who'd think they'd change their shape so darn often?), it's hard to imagine that someone whose professional life revolves around a state of undress doesn't know their real bra size.

It's a humorous insight about what goes on in those little cubicles in the lingerie department of any good department store. Especially for the blokes who have no idea what happens...

I wondered if the Measuring Bra was like The Sorting Hat. Was it going to sing a song about my boobs?


Mistress Matisse gets her D cup on.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cripes you've subverted me by luring me to Ms D's blog. first, I want that white dress very badly. If I had ever seen a dress like that for sale I would have bought it.

the lingerie industry needs an investigative commission: I wish there was a conformity of sizing across the various designers.

I wonder how the corsetiere who gets Her Majesty trussed-up copes with the 'tissue' ?
X X Annie O'D

12:29 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Re the royal tissue. It would involve white cotton gloves to ensure no actual skin to skin contact.

But then again she mightn't be phased by it at all, her predecessors had servants to wipe their royal arses.

1:03 pm  
Blogger Ann O'Dyne said...

predecessors?
I'd bet that Phill still does.
meanwhile, here's some fun:
Rigby & Peller - sounds like a magic duo and perhaps they are.

When womens mags show us 'transformed' people (eg Magda and Julie Goodwin) the key element of the 'tran$formation' is a $tonking great cor$et.

7:22 pm  
Blogger librarygirl said...

cracking up about the Sorting Hat analogy!
but I do like the professional fitters and don't go anywhere but Burke Road now, and spend a million bucks once a year, but it's worth every cent.

12:28 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

It's been a while since I've been to that Bourke Rd establishment. For a while, when I was stupidly poor, it was the only place I could buy an attractive bra that fitted me corrected. French of course! But a strange boon from the boob job craze means that so many more regular brands are doing non-frumpy big cup sizes - yeah!

10:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts