Thursday, June 23, 2011

no charges laid

Right now I’m sitting comfortably in my seat, tummy pleasantly full from a pleasant breakfast at Café Vue in the International terminal. My new noise cancelling headphones are snuggled over my ears and I’m flipping through the inflight entertainment on my personal console. While I’m deciding what film I’ll watch first, I’m thanking the goddess that there’s no child behind me, relentlessly jabbing said console in game playing mode.

Actually, I’m not

I’m still in bed. With a hot water bottle and a hungry stomach. Not flying to New Zealand for a long weekend.

Having dodged the ash cloud returning from my recent Newcastle trip, the little bugger is back, mucking up trans-Tasman travel.

Tomorrow morning the alarm will go off at 5.45 once more, I’ll groggily switch on the light, turn on my iPhone and check my flight status….

Ground hog day? I’ll let you know.

They say bad things comes in threes and this past week or so has certainly delivered a trilogy of unwanted surprises – my workplace was been broken into and vandalised, blocked pipes at home meant I had a weekend without a functioning toilet, a horrible odour and visitors to share the experience with and today…the grogginess that comes from sleeping badly and too little.

Each little mishap has been inconvenient but not the end of the world. There’s the pain of unexpected bills (and loss of income) and a headache from not having slept for long enough. That’s all.

Saw this paste up – high up in a city laneway yesterday. It made me laugh on an inclement day. Looking forward to the unexpected today.




Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water…

…Jack fell down and broke his crown but Jill was acquitted of all charges.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann O'Dyne said...

the paste-up is wonderful.
Vetti Live In Northcote hunts them down and has a blog full of them.

Up Up and away dear rants

11:17 am  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Thanks but sadly grounded. Qaintarse thought I might like to fly over on Sunday and return on Monday. #fail

11:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts