life update in bullet points
• He’s moving interstate
• I’m not
• We’re not breaking up
• No idea how a long distance relationship will work
• Is it really “distance” when the plane flight is shorter than a lot of people’s daily commute to work?
• Oh and there’s skype, free/cheap phone calls and regular visits
• Craving nature
• Desiring equal parts solitude and human connection
• Need a holiday - with no phone or computer, just sunshine, a different culture, tasty food, water to swim in
• The aging parents stuff continues, at times it feels like I’m being slowly buried under a tonne of earth
• So disappointed that neither the real Julia or the real Tony have shown themselves thus far in this election campaign
• Confused by who the real Kevin is – the automaton or the emotionally broken uncle who cries at family parties
• Wondering if the Greens could really be “king makers” and fearful that they’d turn out to be Lib Dems instead.
We’re living in interesting times.