Saturday, August 07, 2010

life update in bullet points

Us
• He’s moving interstate
• I’m not
• We’re not breaking up
• No idea how a long distance relationship will work
• Is it really “distance” when the plane flight is shorter than a lot of people’s daily commute to work?
• Oh and there’s skype, free/cheap phone calls and regular visits

Me
• Craving nature
• Desiring equal parts solitude and human connection
• Need a holiday - with no phone or computer, just sunshine, a different culture, tasty food, water to swim in
• The aging parents stuff continues, at times it feels like I’m being slowly buried under a tonne of earth

Them
• So disappointed that neither the real Julia or the real Tony have shown themselves thus far in this election campaign
• Confused by who the real Kevin is – the automaton or the emotionally broken uncle who cries at family parties
• Wondering if the Greens could really be “king makers” and fearful that they’d turn out to be Lib Dems instead.

We’re living in interesting times.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lene Andersen said...

That's a significant bit of changes. Can't see why it won't work, but then I'm one of those people who prefer my love to have his own home.

I hear ya on the solitude/connection thing, although I'm leaning more towards solitude these days. Hut on a beach, but with a computer for writing. Bliss.

Yeah. Aging parent stuff is damn heavy. Hope there are people who can help you if not carry it - because really, no one can - then be stress sponges when you need it.

9:35 am  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Thanks Lene - I like the idea of stress sponges (somehow a scene in M*A*S*H came to mind!)

9:59 am  
Blogger I Saw You Dancing said...

Went for a walk to the Carlton Gardens this morning with the little 'un and you popped into my mind... I was wondering how you're doing... and now I get the sense that you and I are in a very similar place, albeit in different circumstances.
Let me know if you feel like a walk some time soon. The Carlton Gardens is a great place for the little 'un to wear herself out, and Tre Bicchieri is a lovely destination for prosecco and authentic pizza en route.
Sending you love and courage for the next sticky bit. x

1:05 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

I've been thinking of you today too Kat. I was out walking through the Edinburgh Gardens en route to The Bell Jar for a coffee :) Funny how we cross each others neighbourhoods to stretch our legs. Definitely a catch up and the word prosecco swam out to meet me. Yum. Will email.

2:25 pm  
Blogger Ann ODyne said...

making the list is the first step of obliterating issues.
step 2 involves good quality chocolate and wine.
Is it any use to know you are not alone?
*goes off thinking about Destinations fulfilling the peace-sun-water-culture requirements*

6:52 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Update: 2.5 years on the "us" is still together. And thriving.

The political situation hasn't improved alas.

8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts