Monday, July 05, 2010

an adverse reaction to spin

A controversial footballer has been admitted to hospital suffering from an “adverse reaction”* to a sleeping tablet.

Isadora Duncan had an adverse reaction to a scarf.
Kurt Cobain had an adverse reaction to a bullet.
Karen Carpenter had an adverse reaction to food.
Steve Irwin had an adverse reaction to a stingray.
Michael Hutchence had an adverse reaction to a belt.








* if the scant details concerning his ingestion are correct what they actually mean is a drug interaction. ("Caffeine pills" plus sedatives plus alcohol).

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anthony said...

I suspect you meant a "controversial footballer" not a controversial football. I've yet to meet a controversial football. But that's just me; I should get out more. I've yet to meet a civil engineer, for instance.

8:53 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

A ball made out of the skin of a dead animal - that's pretty controversial in my book :)

10:15 pm  
Blogger Ann ODyne said...

when the first football match was played in ballarat in the 19thC, the ball was so precious they gave it to a bank Manager Mr.Charles SHERRIN to keep in the safe till the next match.

I like a bit of 'spin' too.
Amazing after all the serious recreational ingesting that has gone before, that an aspirin can topple an alpha male.

I think Amy*Winehouse used that one a while back 'admitted to hospital after aspirin reaction', as I recall thinking the same thing "oh her body couldn't handle any light drugs".

11:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts