Thursday, January 28, 2010

on a more positive note

I've been writing very grumpy posts on my various blogs today so thought I'd end the day on a positive note before the laptop is put to bed for the night.

Counting my blessings:

1. Thanks to Mondo Beyondo I'm getting my mojo back.

2. I spent a very pleasant couple of hours in the botanical gardens this week soaking up the glorious weather, sprawled on a rug under the branches of a beautiful old tree.

3. I hugged an even bigger older tree while I was there. I'd forgotten how good that feels!

4. On Australia day night there was some noise outside and I finally put two and two together and realised was it was. I wandered out the front door and to find a dozen or so neighbours gathering. We stood in the middle of the road looking at the delightful fireworks display over the city. We were like a bunch of kids overcome with glee. How neat is that, fireworks at the end of the street!

5. The self-seeded tomatoes are flourishing and yesterday while picking them I looked up and realised almost over night the grapes had ripened. There's nothing like standing under the vine and picking plump, purple grapes and popping them straight into your mouth.

Yes, blessed indeed!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts