Monday, October 12, 2009

fitness freak

It's spring. The sun is shining. The birds are singing. My trusty mountain bike is rusting from lack of use. The idea was simple, a short ride to gently break in my rear end for the cycling season.

Good idea. Somehow it turned into a 14 km ride. A mere warm up for fitness freaks. A bum-breaker for sloths.

Always a good idea to bring a camera. A photo opportunity makes one look artistic rather than a total pussy when in need of a short break.

Some urban pictures from our journey a part of the city I haven't explored by bike before.


The "Cheese Stick" near the "White's skink" turn off in the Royal Park woodlands.



The Moonee Creek bike path under the freeway.



Out from under the freeway the now defunct Melbourne Eye greets you.



Good advice.


On the return journey we spied a father out walking with his kids. He flagged us down to point to out, between swigs of wild turkey and cola, a large European carp trapped in the middle of the creek. The industrial inner West, is such a haven for nature lovers.

Survived the journey.

More to come I hope.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

We cycled a similar circuit on Saturday; I liked the same view of the highway from the bike path (though that strip generally isn't very scenic!). Nice to see it captured on camera.

12:09 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Not even a dying carp to pretty it up, though I find strange delight in industrial landscapes these days.

3:47 pm  
Blogger Ann oDyne said...

I had to skim over the carp thing before I saw the bad part, but I met a credible gentleman once, who said he'd seen a platypus at Werribee.

Happy pedalling.

10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts