Thursday, May 07, 2009

change is as good as a holiday

Or so they say.

I'd describe the journey of my life as rather rutted right now. Not rutted as in bumpy, rather one long trough in which I have been comfortably ensconced. In the sprit of change the Not Boyfriend and I swapped sides of the bed a while ago.

Today we finally got around to dislodging the books, papers and collections of rubbish built up on the wrong sides of the bed.

An hour after huffing and puffing and cleaning - we were still left with this.



If I don't find a home for the dusty collection of oddities on my half in the next couple of hours before I go out tonight I guess I'm sleeping on the couch.

The NB, on the other hand, is quite capable of crawling under the mess - cat and all - and sleeping.


Want to post a picture of your shameful little domestic secrets?

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I dread to think of what such an endeavour would unearth in our bedroom! As many books and magazines, and plenty of junk besides. My side of the room still boasts a half-unpacked carton from our move to Melbourne almost 3 years ago. :-D

4:19 pm  
Blogger Pavlov's Cat said...

Oh thank God it's not just me.

4:54 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Update: 1 hr 15 min later the bed is clear (except for cat and laptop - anyone want a geriatric Siamese?).

I'm NOT taking a photo of my desk right now though. It is putting the leaning tower of Pisa to shame!

4:57 pm  
Anonymous LisaPal said...

Oh, if I posted a picture, it would make you feel SO much better about this.

5:52 pm  
Blogger F.G. Marshall-Stacks said...

Where is it written that
it has to be neat?
Like NB, I can make a pozzie in the middle of a heap of magazines and laundry, and fall asleep with specs on nose, book in hand, light on, and despite several snoring animals.
Neat is irrelevant, clean, however, is most relevant.
No tumbleweeds of dust please, no spiderwebs, no old coffee cups.

that is all

(PS those reading lamps need to be higher, so stack some books under them)

5:52 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Sadly FGMS I am like the Princess and the Pea when it comes to slumber.

Lisa go on!!!

5:56 pm  
Blogger Zoe said...

I could show you Owy's floordrobe, or the 1/3 of Jet's room that's filled with amplifiers and empty boxes.

doorbitch says "hemons" which is a bit scary.

8:14 pm  
Anonymous Helen said...

Them is male demons.

Will take, suck out of camera and send pic of Girlchild's floordrobe - heh, heh. Revenge!

Normally we could get equally bad pix anywhere in the house but we've just had a mad spring clean because of visiting oldsters.

7:21 pm  
Blogger lucy tartan said...

This is the reason I can never swap bed sides. My side is pretty neat and almost always clean - D's is a total nightmare - books, socks, coins, receipts, cards, clothes hangers, etc etc etc, and eventually it all ends up spilling onto the floor.

1:40 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Really, you all have made me feel so much better about this - but hey, show me some documentary evidence :)

8:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts