Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wellington snapshots

The blogger I follow went to Wellington for five days and all I got were these lousy Iphone photos.

Well, not quite. I was the good daughter - cooking, cleaning, entertaining. I was the bad daughter - grumpy about not having access to a car for the first time since I got my license at 16. I was the very disappointing, very bad daughter - who said she couldn't get back for another visit in 6 weeks time to look after her mother with a middling stage of dementia, for a couple of weeks while her father cavorted around Europe.

So I was in lock down most of the time.

But I got out to take the following snaps.


"98% caffeine/2% human, he was an espressoholic". After being ousted from their Courtenay Place home, scene of a many late night drink, Espressoholic is soon to open doors at the old Dorothy Patisserie shop in Cuba Street.



"Newtown - it's a bit shit". This Cuba St clothes shop had me laughing out loud.


Why can't all sewer covers be so pretty?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger F.G. Marshall-Stacks said...

re the sewer cover:
Water Boards have been tricked before ... so i'm guessing the lovely maori design probably means
'Shit Hole'.
Love the T-shirt.
re parent: please feel free to enter the Potty-Parent Pissing Contest currently running at Andrews High Rise.

6:49 pm  
Blogger Melba said...

And the Newtown one would be pronounced "ut's a but shut?"

Sorry, just can't hilp mysilf.

But I like that t-shirt very much.

5:10 am  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Jist wut us your problum woth that Muz Milba? You torking wuth an orzie egcent!

2:27 pm  
Blogger docwitch said...

Looking at these makes me (almost) a little nostalgic.

I think I ruined my health in Espressoholic during my student days. I lurked there many an hour buzzed to the nines on what they were pedalling. Bless.
May well have been Other Things too.

Why wasn't that t-shirt around 20 years ago. Oh, that's right, instead it would have read: "Newtown, completely shit".

7:04 pm  
Anonymous health philosophy said...

@F.G. Marshall-Stacks I was laughing reading your comment. probably means 'shit hole' what a mess.. :D

6:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts