Thursday, March 05, 2009

bits. bobs and budgeting for the barren

A peek inside my muddled brain.

The digital headline on The Age site read "Gordon Brown Addresses Congress". It was a full minute into envisaging this before I realised it was Brown, the Prime Minister of England, not Ramsay the media, hungry foul-mouthed chef they were talking about. Though I kind of liked the idea of leaders of the crumbling Western world getting a darn good bollocksing.

I am considering making March a Global Financial Crisis Fast. It was hearing a radio promo featuring this school-marmy woman's voice telling the listener off for even considering not taking this crisis seriously and warning us that this is just the tip of the iceberg and we cannot bury our heads in the sand. Quite frankly I am sick of being told I should be afraid, be very afraid and am expecting a SMS from the Victorian police any moment now telling me that there is an extreme financial meltdown warning and I should stay glued to my local ABC radio for further details.

I am ungluing myself for now but in the spirit of all things thrifty and frugal have posted some financial advice for the barren that could be equally as entertaining to the Congress.

In the meantime I shall keep calm and carry on and swap the TV, radio and soppy women's mags for a decent game of live scramble on FaceAche.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger F.G. Marshall-Stacks said...

1. Gordon Brown is way less charismatic than Gordon Ramsay; 2. the journos led poor Paris Hilton into that trap, knowlingly asking her if she knew the PMs' name, and of course she said Gordon Ramsay.

Paris and Ramsay have probably shared a few Front Pages in their time.

Re Debt: we live in a rebranded glamourised world, where young teens want fame and glory, over achievement and satisfaction.
I wonder when we will all turn on The Media.

8:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts