Sunday, October 05, 2008

603 - simple things

Like sands through the hourglass, so too are the transient blog post thoughts that rush through my mind.

Some things are making me angry:

Like the lone vigil outside the State Parliament by the anti-choice protester whose sign reads, “Unborn kids can’t defend themselves. Please don’t let abortion at 9 months become legal”. So, so wrong. Emotive and incorrect but that about sums up the good christian men who want to control women's bodies.

Or the fact that the USA can find close to a trillion dollars to prop up Wall Street but not fund universal healthcare in their own country.

And the worrying thought that their election campaign looks like a rerun of Dumb & Dumber. I’m not convinced even the “good guys” have got the gumption to steer that nation back to some semblance of humanity.

Instead of ranting ad nauseum about things that are distressing me – here’s a picture of spring (which you may have already eyeballed over here.)



Time to give thanks for the small pleasures in my life like:

The smell of jasmine scenting my street.

Blossoms everywhere.

Almost being motivated enough to do a good spring clean, or at least a de-clutter.

The affection of the household felines.

Buying an inexpensive oil on canvas by an emerging artist.

Feeding the worm farm.

The warm morning light in my backyard.

Solar powered Vitamin D.

Simple meals at home.

Chilled rosé on sunny days.

Watching clouds dance overhead.



What simple things are giving you pleasure at the moment?

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Melba said...

the smell of grass just cut; the warmth of the sun on my arms; a freshly-washed, fluffy gigi; david sedaris; simple but good food; perfect sleeping weather; wearing thongs again, rubber ones on my feet not the other place!; managing to write my story and make a lot of headway; cultivating my obsession with pandora bracelets; nmanicures; planning a camping trip in january; having a man do the shopping at the supermarket right now, while i blog.

x

9:15 pm  
Blogger Miles McClagan said...

My Lolo Jones little avatar thing...I like it's presence...

And not having to mow the lawn today

10:00 pm  
Blogger Zoe said...

planting a new herb garden and some spring veggies! And seeing my older child snuggling in our bed in the morning reading feminist picture books to his little brother.

11:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts