Do a wait a couple of weeks to let the hype settle and see if any other carriers come on board?*
The problem is, bar one very annoying issue with shared networks in New Zealand limiting my ability to text 90% of the people I know in that country, I am very happy with my chosen carrier. I can get a great capped rate with various handy features for a pittance. Only one of the three iPhone carrying companies is selling them upfront and that gets caught up in a $80 spend before you can switch networks (or pay it outright to get it unlocked).
My network has whispered that I should hold tight for a couple of weeks, they can't announce anything yet but they will soon be carrying the new whizz bang phone.
Anyone got any inside goss?
* Ok I am shallow. I am a Mac loving ludite and when the apple nips you, it gets you hard. Pathetic really, I know. As you can see if this is the greatest thing of concern in my life right now I really have nothing to complain about.