Thursday, May 01, 2008

mane interruptus

I love Thursdays. I get to sleep in. I go to the market. I have no other agenda. I like it this way.

But things don’t always go according to plan.

6.30 am: NB’s alarm goes off and he heads off in inclement weather for a swim.

6.35: I toss and turn a bit then switch on the radio news. Dream of boats crashing on the harbour.

7.30: Bell ringing and loud thumping on the front door startles me from sleep. Rush to answer it as the urgency reminds me of the last time the disabled neighbour had an accident. Fortunately no blood just Australia Post delivering an internet purchase. (Some non-glamorous but hopefully wearable shoes in a half-size).

7.31: Try on shoes. Do they pinch a little? In the store the 6’s were to small and the 7’s too big. Why do the 6 1/2s feel a tad tight?

7.35: Well I’m awake now, maybe I’ll do my “morning pages”.

7.37: NB arrives back from swim. Urgent discussion about state of the kitty litter and other such important things while I attempt to write.

7.50: Oh good, words starting to flow now at last.

8.00: Phone rings. My father calls from NZ to discuss the state of the kiwi dollar. Really.

8.15: NB out of shower and making his juice and breakfast. More domestic discussions.

8.25: Give up and go back to bed with a warm laptop.

8.30: Hear the pitter patter of rain – rush out to try and save the clothes on the line. Too late, now I’m wet too. And cold!

8.33: Back to bed.

(more phone calls, cat wrangling, not boyfriend threatening me with cold hands….ok I give in, it’s just going to be one of those days).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann O'Dyne said...

"one of those days" ?
cold hands and kitty litter are not the worst things.
Beat your friend Julia Cameron at her own game and write a best seller about The Blogging Diet.

Many happy hours can be spent hopping from one interesting thing to another on the net, and thereby avoiding the kitchen with The Frig Monster.

I discovered a new blogger yesterday, a brisbane woman in England who is Very Clever and possibly with a hoyden streak
http://go-blog-go.blogspot.com/
worth a visit.

8:11 am  
Blogger Lene Andersen said...

Ah, yes. The days (weeks) where you have all these great plans for productivity, but the world has other ideas.

I hate 'em. I mean, one or two, I can totally take (with just minor teeth grinding), but when it becomes the norm, I just get pissy.

12:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts