Thursday, March 27, 2008

wet stuff



Sure, this weather map with measly yellow shading might seem like nothing to you but for us it means Garden Planting Time is coming soon! It's been raining so much that Princess Prissy Paws has bulging eyes due to the fullness of her bladder, her paws you know are allergic to water.

Hope I am not jumping the gun but these signs suggest autumn might be here at last:

First night sleeping under a doona (kiwi translation: duvet), even if I didn't last til morning with it over me.

Fallen leaves swirling around.

A sudden desire to hunt out my boots and raincoat.

Decreased motivation to buy a BBQ.

Vague thoughts about craft and baking related activities.

Deciding there is no need for a leg wax.

Assorted furry creatures suddenly wanting to sit on my lap.

Desire for porridge (oatmeal) for breakfast again.



What are the seasons doing to you?

6 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

pyjamas, riding, cloth cap. Not all at the same time - yet.

11:42 am  
Blogger Ed said...

That's riding mac

11:43 am  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Riding mac? Is that getting up to unspeakable acts with your computer or just some kind of Brit jargon for some kind of outer garment to wear when cycling?

12:27 pm  
Blogger Ed said...

Well, I am riding the (Apple) Mac right now so to speak. But I was speaking of the sort of Macintosh that would be worn as outer rain gear that one would wear on a horse. It has straps that attach it around the thighs to prevent flapping. This is also useful for flashers (not me, I'll have my pyjamas underneath).

12:51 pm  
Blogger Sunnybrae and all who sail in her said...

Thas the most important website of all, if only the yellow would come

2:27 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Welcome George - hope you are getting some very pretty patches on the weather radar down your way. It definitely is change of seasons - I had brown rice and rolled oat porridge with dried cranberries for breakfast yesterday, so that just proves it :)

2:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts