Saturday, March 01, 2008

excuses, excuses

I spent so much time on Youtube* last month that I used up our allocation of 12 GB in less than 3 weeks, so had the indignity of an internet connection being slowed down to a dawdle over the last few days. Not good, especially with it being the same time as getting into all that delicious video chatting on Skype for free. Though, now I am over the pesky change of season lurgy I really don’t need to ding dong the Not Boyfriend from my laptop in bed to his big new fancy Mac in the next room because it was too much of an effort to call out through the wall. Will leave it to communicate with people a little further away.

My favourite Pixie visited thank to the generosity of the New Zealand government sending their favourite public servants to conferences across the Tasman (and I promise to not relate a story that involves the following words: fare minister tram evader transport allegedly). She was my leave pass from the mini Feb Fast so the past week has been sponsored by many fine winemakers. Pinot Grigio, Rose, Reisling, Sauvignon Blanc – it’s been delightful to make your acquaintance again.

And eating – Tom Phat for brunch, The Kent for a farewell lunch in the sun, Warung Argus for a memory of Bali, Chocolate Buddha to have a night to gossip by ourselves. And more drinking – Jawa Bar, Seamstress, the lounge room, at the dining table and the newly renovated backyard.

Now it is March. How did that happen? The leaves have begun to fall and a blue-skyed day doesn’t feel quite as warm. The cats have started to curl up together to sleep or otherwise look askance for a lap to suck a little human heat from. And the thought of staying at home on Saturday night and hitting the hay early is all of a sudden hugely appealing.

Have a great weekend, wherever in the world you are.

* Lilies close to 8 hours of fine BBC drama.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger sublime-ation said...

Too much Conchords I suspect hm?

3:53 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

I think too much conchords is never enough! (Actually I got given them in another medium so can't blame it on them - it was the lovely lasses from Liverpool in 1920 that got me hooked).

4:25 pm  
Blogger Melba said...

please direct me to where i can see more conchords? i have seen only a couple that i love, including my all time favourite -"business time."

8:33 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

I haven't been able to get a full episode dose of the conchords online (there's a bit on youtube but it's mainly songs). I was given 12 episodes in avi format. The HBO shop has the dvd of the first series, am sure it must be available elsewhere.

8:43 pm  
Blogger Melba said...

hey we have finished first series of love my way. sitting down to disc one of second season tonight.

[rubs hands together with glee]

8:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts