Monday, September 03, 2007

reunions

I’ve been to a mini family reunion. I realise now it was on the small side because

a. my parents are becoming increasingly anti social
b. their friends and family keep dying
c. the surviving offspring have been a bit slack on the reproduction front
d. all of the above

I was half the age of most of people at the gathering and as a result I still had all my bits. From what I could discern the bodily losses I could account for included – half a lung, a bladder, a lot of cartilage and a few marbles.

I rediscovered a few old friends – bluey, betty, pengy, rabbit, koala and mrs buggins. They too seem to be missing a few of their bits but they are still great listeners, so that makes up for it.



I guess the wheels have to fall off eventually. But for now I just appreciate seeing friends, new and old, and enjoying a good glass of kiwi sauv blanc.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

I had that very same koala. But I chewed off his claws.

2:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts