Thursday, August 02, 2007

with friends like these

Despite the fact that myspaz is so last week, the polies are getting all upset about it. With 29,000 paedophiles detected on the site in the US alone, local politicians are rumbling about getting parental permission for children under 18 to have their profile on the site. It certainly shows once more how our law makers are so out of touch with technology. What, you have to get mummy or daddy to write a note now? You want to ban paedophiles from having internet access full-stop. How? Tatoo their forehead? Yeah that’ll work.

More alarming is the discovery that Family First Senator Steve Fielding (timely reminder to get it into the heads of all Labour voters to check their preferences before blindly supporting their party again at the upcoming federal election – it is because these short sighted souls we have that reactionary creationist representing the State) has his own myspaz page. Freakier still, shock jocks like Neil Mitchell are his ‘friends’*, so too is little Johny Howard (who incidentally has 10x more friends than Steve, which goes to show why he lives in The Lodge.

Howard on youtube, polies on myspaz….it’s enough to make you to go hang out at facebook and hide for weeks.

* actually his friends pics looks a bit like a kiddy fiddler's dream - lots of clean shaven young lads, very few women unless they are clutching husband and child as if to protect them.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Monica said...

I agree! and they have the hide to suggest that the Greens are cavorting with the right wing. What about preferencing and election an anti abortion DLP over the Greens at the state election.

Stephen Newnham is simply trying to save his wife's job in Northcote. He doesn't care about winning Labor seats to win government. Make a Labor want to vote against them to spite these right winger within the ALP.

2:12 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

I just don't want to hear the same crap that I heard last time from Labour voters "But I didn't know they'd preference family first"...blah blah blah. Personally I think it's time to abolish compulsory voting. Dumb people shouldn't be forced to vote.

2:15 pm  
Blogger Aleks - Anarcho-Syndicalist said...

Think for yourself and not follow the how to vote cards? That's so much harder and more time consuming.

3:22 pm  
Blogger The Man at the Pub said...

I just go with the first person that hands me a "how to vote" card.

2:30 pm  
Blogger Aleks - Anarcho-Syndicalist said...

So TMATB, what would you do if there were no how to vote cards?

5:45 pm  
Blogger muse said...

Hi, I had to make my blog private, I'd like to send you an invite so that you can see it if you want, can you send me your email? (basically once you log on to blogger you can see my blog without doing anything special, once I've sent you an invite)

muse.urbaine at gmail.com

Thanks!

1:25 am  
Blogger JahTeh said...

I don't have to go to Stevie MySpace, he sends me emails about how wonderful he is. I'd stop him but I need the laughs.

10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts