Thursday, August 23, 2007

a post to skip if you are not a cat person


We just found out that our sweet boy Bibi has FIV. He's lost weight and had a couple of trips to the vet. Finally tonight the new one thought to test him for the feline version of HIV. He's only been in my life for the last 3.5 of his 14 years. A gorgeous, quiet affectionate beast who loves nothing more than to sneak into bed for a cuddle.

We wimped out, have put him on a drip to buy us some time to say goodbye. There's a chance he will pick up and give up some more time with him. Selfish of us maybe. Though listless and not eating today, he'd purred every time he got attention.

Yes he's just a cat. But I am fast becoming the mad old cat woman, so I had better start getting used to saying goodbye to such creatures. As the buddhists will remind us - nothing is permanent. But human, feline or dog , we always want just a bit more time.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger lucy tartan said...

Very sorry to hear of this aof. Take care of yourselves.

1:42 pm  
Blogger din said...

What rotten news. I hope you have time for a few more cuddles.

10:37 pm  
Blogger Boysenberry said...

Bugger. As a fellow cat person, I can say it's not something anyone really wants to consider :(

6:42 am  
Blogger Lene Andersen said...

So sorry to hear this. All my best to Bibi and you. There is no such thing as just a cat - I hope whatever happens will be as painless as possible for you all.

1:07 pm  
Blogger Just Like A Woman said...

So sorry to hear of anyone going through this - your post brought back all-too-fresh memories of our darling Kimba who we lost a few months ago. Yes they are "only animals" but my god how they worm their way into our hearts!
My heart goes out to you.
Emily

7:18 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Bibi update: We took him home off the drip and he has eaten some small hand fed morsels and slept between us purring.

If only when I am in my final days - someone will treat me with such respect and love :)

10:53 am  
Blogger Chai said...

Sorry to hear of this.

1:29 pm  
Blogger MelbourneGirl said...

sorry to hear about bibi AOF. i hope things are ok. i'm sorry i didn't comment earlier but i didn't read it through.

10:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts