Tuesday, May 29, 2007

destiny's child

"Those who serve are not fatalists or cynics," he added. "They know that one day this war will end, as all wars do. Our duty is to make sure this war was worth the sacrifice" and that the fighting men and women succeeded — and "where tyrants and terrorists are frustrated and foiled ... where our nation is more secure from attack."

"This is our country's calling," Mr. Bush said. "It's our country's destiny."
(CBS)

I guess it was just the "destiny" of a oil rich country to be invaded and thousands of it's citizens slaughtered.

I guess it was the "destiny" of Halliburton to get billions of dollars in 'no bid contracts' government in Iraq.

I guess it was "destiny" that the Cheney, Rumsfeld and Bush families directly and indirectly financially benefited from such contracts.

I'm beginning to think US politics was safer for the rest of the world when a semi-demented president used astrology to help him dictate foreign policy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bwca said...

The group who prop-up The Bush, KNOW that most voters fail completely to understand the Halliburton war effect.
and you know that a 'Toby Zeigler' wrote the destiny stuff then went home to his small messy flat to drink heavily.
*sigh*

9:21 am  
Blogger JahTeh said...

Almost makes me want Nancy back in charge of the White House. It kills me to say this but I think she had more brains than Bush, hell anything has more brains than Bush.

3:12 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

I know the country was in better hands when the president was getting oral sex on a regular basis. Maybe that's a service that should be regularly provided to all presidents. It might make em a bit more relaxed, less likely to blow things up.

I'm here in the US, I vote, I write letters of protest and I'm very very sorry for what our president has done in our name. My husband's from Canada and one day I'm sure we'll end up there, but for now, I've got to stay. I won't give up my vote (and my voice as a citizen).

BTW- Love your blog!

7:16 am  
Blogger LisaPal said...

Again, this is why I have my Escape to New Zealand plan. This government looks more and more like the Nazis every day. That will send me running much faster than hurricanes and rising sea level.

8:01 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Thanks one and all, expecially those reporting from the front!

11:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts