Wednesday, February 07, 2007

the strong, silent type

I couldn’t sleep last night and what was I loosing sleep over? Peter bloody Garrett. I’d seen his shining pate on TV and it bought back the pain and disappointment of him not answering my letters last year. All 2 of them. There he was standing behind Rudd. Yes supporting that smug, catholic school boy, as if Garrett’s ex-rock star status could him some street cred. It all but made me sick.

Then I heard Garrett actually spoke, on the first day at school, a 9 word question in parliament. Now this is cause for celebration as he have been very quiet, just a figure looming behind his leader in all sorts of unlikely places. Even on his website the latest “news” is from last November. These 9 words should constitute a news flash or an email alert at the very least. If I was him I would also be asking the ABC to offer an on-air retraction, they stole a word and reported it as 8! But then again, there probably aren’t many people listening to news radio in the early hours of the morning, so maybe his energy would be better spent campaigning against the coal industry, closing down uranium mines, putting an end to the nuclear energy speculation – even writing a song or answering his emails!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aleks - Anarcho-Syndicalist said...

I actually had dinner with Peter Garret last year. Well with about 50 other people, in a work context. He seemed nice enough, but then again I did bite my tongue instead of asking him why he sold out.

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts