Thursday, December 14, 2006

unrequited love

Dear Peter,

I’m disappointed you didn’t reply to my email last month. But I guess you’ve been busy helping your new leader support uranium mining, so I won't get mad at you this time.

Last night the Victorian Senate was officially recounted and tallied up. I’m sure you know the interesting outcome. What I’m wondering is, how you feel after urging us all to vote for your mob and not trust the Greens due to their preferences? You see Peter, it seems a lot of people did just that and now thanks to the Labour preferences yet another mad conservative has been elected to an Australian Senate. I’m sure you are good buddies now with Steve from Family First who couldn’t have got his seat without Labour’s help. But down here in Victoria some of us aren’t very happy about the latest loony elected with Labours assistance. This guy from the DLP, who you thought a much worthier candidate than the Greens one, is almost to the right of Family First which is a rather unsettling thought. He wants to prosecute women who have abortions and the things he has said in regards to homosexuals wanting the same rights as heterosexuals are down right hateful.

So Peter, I’m confused. I used to think you were for many of the same things the Greens stood for and opposed to right wing reactionaries?


I look forward to hearing from you, after all – you decided to play a role in this Victorian State Election, so can you come down and sort out the mess that you’ve got us into.

Regards
Another Outspoken Female

2 Comments:

Blogger JahTeh said...

Being with Mum all week, I didn't watch news or turn on the computer so was bombed when I finally read that the DLP wasn't dead. I just hope it wasn't me because I was careful this time to vote under the line. That noise you can hear is my Dad spinning in his grave, he hated the DLP.

4:40 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

My once hero has not replied to either email now :(

8:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts