Wednesday, December 20, 2006

sleep, water, wishes

Sleep is getting better, but still awoke far too early. I was in deep, restful slumber with a content and quiet cat. Why wake at 6am, cheating me of a full hour of deliciousness? After a little while I come to my senses. Smoke. I smell smoke. Not toast burning. Wood. No crackle, no noise.

While the conscious mind can rationalise that the fire is over 100 km away, the subconscious is not so easily tricked. The circulating charred particles of this dying land have risen again, my sleeping nose smells it, alerts the brain. I am wide awake, fully functioning.

Will we burn all summer?

On my solstice altar tomorrow with be water.

Really, that’s all I want for Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger flying kiwi said...

Rain is forecast for the next few days - 80% chance - both where I am and where you are. I will be out there dancing with my rainsticks.

11:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts