Monday, December 18, 2006

owwwwwwww!

There's an extraspecial reason why I've been dreading December this year. It's a long story, but the short of it is - despite valiant efforts in latter times I'm a bit of a late adopter when it comes to flossing. The upshot is I got booked into a course of 4 particularly torturous treatments from a delightful man, in a dental surgery with a lovely view in Collins St.

Today was the (hopefully) final one. His parting words were something like "You'll feel like a truck has hit you for a few hours. Happy Christmas".

It's more like having gone 5 rounds in the ring with Mike Tyson - at the height of his career. Worse than just feeling as if I'm a drooling mess - the inside of my nose is numb and temple feels oddly tender....all this before the needles have fully worn off!

In the last few weeks I've had something like 16 local anaesthetic injections (some especially memorable) and my wallet lightened to the tune of over $1000.

A word to all the parents out there - "floss".

2 Comments:

Blogger Chai said...

Ouch x 2.

11:05 pm  
Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

Jesus, you poor woman. Much sympathy to you. Would say more but have to go to chemist for floss.

6:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts