Monday, September 25, 2006

pie eyed

For those who live beyond Australia, the last Saturday in September involves temporary insanity as most of the nation stares at men running around a paddock after a ball. This is known as the AFL Grand Final. Being more interested in food than sport, with my fellow super friends at We Do Eat Our Food, I've initiated the inaugural pie review.

Now this is where you, dear readers from Northcote to New Orleans, come into it. I want you to join in and submit a short review of a local savoury pie, tell us where/how much/what it tastes like/how you rate it. Pop over to We Do Chew Our Food to check out the details. Send it off to chewyfood@gmail.com by midnight (Aussie EST), Sunday 1st of October (about midday for those in Canada, USA, France, England....come on I know you are out there!) All going well the first grand pie round up will magically appear on the site about 24 hours later.

Merci! Happy munching.

4 Comments:

Blogger Armagnac Esq. said...

Pies? Nort in Northcotia!

Well, ok, how's this for a pie review:

My local pub, the Albion, in Nth London, had a beef, ale and stilton pie. Everything else is just a pretender...

6:16 pm  
Blogger muse said...

*mock outrage*

Australian heathen! Pies are made to be filled with sweet, sugary stuff! LOL ;)

Can I still play if I review a dessert pie? I never eat the other types (except around Yule - mock meat pie being a staple around then to replace the authentic "tourtière québécoise" (a meat pie)).

10:35 am  
Blogger Pixie said...

A pie? AOF, that is the recently detoxed AOF speaking isn't it? Do you eat pies? I don't think I do. How do you choose a pie to review when you're generally engaged in avoiding such things?? I shall ponder this. Oh but yes Muse, let's have a small and delicate french fruit flan shall we?

4:00 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

muse - anything legible you send to the email on the site will be published - promised :)

Pixie a flan is pushing it!! I assure you my selection will be very, very food nazi! i wont let you down.

7:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts