Monday, January 09, 2006

Mac Help

The problem: I want to do something very simple with my trusty Mac – print client receipts merged with a simple accounting program. Currently I do my accounts on (don’t groan) Excel. Why? Because it is so simple. All the well known accounting packages I see do a billion times more than I want. It’s far too complex for such a tiny job.

The answer: Any thoughts? Are there any really easy solutions (like something in Excel already)?

Brain boggling.

I would prefer to write prose.

3 Comments:

Blogger DC said...

Word has a mail merge function.

I haven't played around with it for years, but basically you sets up a template which can be linked to sets of data.

There may be something in that - but it could be a longshot?

Look up Mail Merge in Word Help and see if it would work for you.

7:04 am  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

thanks david

8:15 am  
Blogger LisaPal said...

I with David on this. I think the most recent versions of Office for Mac are pretty well integrated to do such a thing.

4:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts