Tuesday, October 04, 2005

sprung




So spring is here. The diary is full. Lunches, dinners, parties, birthdays, house warmings, visitors, house guests. And weddings. It's delightful, but am exhausted already before the month has really begun.

I squired recent guest around the bay yesterday. The city, to Cape Schank, to Sorrento, to Queenscliff then a dream run back from Geelong grazing the city before the rush hour got too manic. More eating, more drinking.

Even squeezed in going to work today.

Then out to the airport again.

Home. The house is warm. I remake the bed with fresh clean sheets and contemplate reacquainting myself with its latex luxury.

The cat has been acting stranger than usual amongst the hurly burly. To reward me she bought in a very bloody large mouse/small rat and deposited on the kitchen floor for me tonight. Rodent ran behind the stove. Cat went outside looking for the rest of the family.

I have a horrible feeling that I will see her new friend again. Sometime soon. Likely at about 3 am. This time deposited on the bed. Scampering little filthy paws over the doona atop my prone body. To be followed by hours of play around and around the bedroom.

It aint called 'cat and mouse' for nothing.

In the meantime, I would be content just smelling the flowers, sleeping in, having more time to read the pile of library books on the verge of being overdue.

Wake me when October is over.

3 Comments:

Blogger muse said...

Funny, I was just about to post something about how Fall is really here, after having seen a flight of Canadian geese migrating south yesterday morning, on my way to work. They flew right over my head, I was alerted to their presence by their melancholy honking, and it made me think "well, that's it, Autumn is really upon us!" :)

4:20 am  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

Or were they actually CIA trained killer geese on their way to their next assignment? :)

8:26 am  
Blogger muse said...

Shhhh! You just blew our Great Canadian Secret Services plan!

Awwww... we don't have any budget left for a plan B, and Celine Dion sure can't destroy America all by herself...! Rats!

LOL

6:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts