Thursday, August 18, 2005

or perhaps i should have said 'its not raining YET'

I woke up this morning with this song in my head:

If it weren't for your gumboots, where would ya be?
You'd be in the hospital or infirmary
'coz you would have a dose of the 'flu, or even pleurisy
If ya didn't have yer feet in yer gumboots.

Now there's rugby boots and racing boots, and boots for drinkin' rum.
But the only boots I'm never without, are the ones that start with "gum".
I've got short ones and long ones, and some up to me belt.
I'm never dressed 'till I've got on me gumboots.

Whenever I sing at the opera, my gumboots are a must.
They help me hit the high notes, and protect me feet from dust.
They keep the water well away, so me voice won't get no rust.
You will not never see me without me gumboots.

Now (names of current unpopular politicians), they haven't made a hit.
They're ruining the country, more than just a bit.
If they keep on how they're going, we'll all be in turd.
So you'd better get yer feet up yer gumboots.


For those who don’t notice a blast from the 70’s, its Fred Dagg’s gumboot song.

…and its not even rainging today!

ps: while looking for a pic i found this interesting album cover in which the young women are strangely not attired in the formentioned footwear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts