Thursday, July 21, 2005

post prandial post

I have been writing about very serious things lately so I thought I would break up the rants with a quickie on another passion – food!

Thursday is my favourite day to cook because it is a) the day I shop at Vic market* and b) a ‘non office’ day so cooking can be leisurely rather than quick fuel after work. On the menu tonight was a cheeky little prawn stirfry.

The veges du jour (organic of course) - spring onions, little yellow squash, bok choy and carrots. The protein - some cheap but yummy prawns and a bit of firm tofu that was left over and wanting to be eaten. The flavours – lots of garlic (sorry in advance to my clients tomorrow), sesame oil, chilli oil and fish sauce. The comfort food, carb factor – thick rice noodles. It was indeed delish.

* I have stated before (I think it was on the last census) that shopping at Victoria market every week is my religion. It is my ritualistic worship. I belong to a subsect that recognises organic farming as its guru. I have a strong desire to convert others. Supermarkets leave me with a hollow, unsatisfied feeling, they are false idols.

3 Comments:

Blogger Armagnac Esq. said...

="lots of garlic (sorry in advance to my clients tomorrow)"=

Garlic is a wonderful thing, one should never apologise for liberal use thereof.

11:40 am  
Blogger DJ said...

hahaha about the vic market. According to Mrs DJ I'ma bit too militant to go shopping with any more, something about every darn thing being grown locally or made locally. I for one don't see anything wrong with that at all and see plenty wrong with imported, sub standard US oranges while our growers get screwed over for what is a vastly superior product. And as for sugar... just dont start me.

4:58 pm  
Blogger Another Outspoken Female said...

I too am one of those militants, but it sadly means there are a few weeks in the year when i am in a garlic free zone..when all the organic garlic is gone and there is only conventional stuff imported from China. Its a tough call but I have to risk the vampires for the sake of my morals :)

10:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts